Last updated 25 March 2020
Each of the links below leads directly to the Covid-19 specific website page for each of the public and state bodies listed.
Health Service Executive
Other Health Links:
- World Health Organization(WHO)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control(ECDC)
- Health Protection Surveillance Centre(HPSC)
- Overview information including National Action Plan in response to Covid19
- Latest updates
- Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
- Health Advice
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection have a range of measures to provide income support to people affected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Government supports for COVID-19 impacted businesses are outlined here, including the practical steps to take and financial supports.
COVID-19 Information and advice for taxpayers and agents
- Financial Support Measures
- Other Supports to counter short-term shocks
- Taxation Measures to alleviate short-term difficulties
- Banking and Credit Measures
- Employee support
- The EU Dimension
Enterprise Ireland has a number of supports available to help businesses mitigate the impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
- Business liquidity
- HR risk
- Managing temporary closure
- Temporary layoffs and redundancies
- Safeguarding future revenues
- Jumpstarting sales
- Operational guidance
- Accessing Government supports
Governments, as well as public, private, and voluntary organisations are taking necessary steps to contain the spread and mitigate the effects of COVID-19, widely referred to as the ‘coronavirus’. Many of these steps will involve the processing of personal data (such as name, address, workplace, travel details) of individuals, including in many cases sensitive, ‘special category’ personal data (such as data relating to health).
Data protection law does not stand in the way of the provision of healthcare and the management of public health issues; nevertheless there are important considerations which should be taken into account when handling personal data in these contexts, particularly health and other sensitive data.
News notifications can be set up via the RTE News App