Rates waiver and tax measures
See below a reminder of some of rates waivers and tax measures introduced during Covid 19. There is a separate link to each measure where available.
- Commercial rates waiver: With limited exceptions, all businesses will be granted a waiver of commercial rates for the six months to end-September 2020. Updates will be available on housing.gov.ie and from local authorities.
- ‘Warehousing’ of deferred tax debts: The scheme, administered by Revenue, will ‘warehouse’ VAT and PAYE (Employer) debts associated with the COVID-19 crisis.
- Reduction in the standard rate of VAT: A six-month reduction in the standard rate of Value-Added Tax (VAT) from 23% to 21% will apply, effective from 1 September 2020.
- Stay and Spend incentive: The Stay and Spend scheme will incentivise taxpayers to support domestic providers of accommodation and/or food during the off-season 1 October 2020 to 30 April 2021 through tax credits.
- Advice for taxpayers and agents: Revenue’s COVID-19 information and advice for taxpayers and agents provides information on Revenue services and tax and customs measures in place during the COVID-19 pandemic including information on tax returns and interest suspension arrangements.